It’s tough in the fast-paced work environment of the new millennium to maintain top performance as a human resource management professional.
SHRM Jacksonville is affiliated with the national organization known as the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). As an affiliate of SHRM National, Jacksonville is designated as Chapter #011. With over 750 members it is one of the largest chapter in the state of Florida and represents a cross section of both small and large companies in Northeast Florida.
Whether you are already a member of SHRM on a national level or not, membership on both the local and national level gives you full access to a wealth of services and programs that can broaden your skills and make you more valuable to your organization. You will also be part of the largest professional organization in the world dedicated exclusively to the advancement of the human resource management profession.
- Exposure to other HR professionals and companies revealing how other organizations handle various human resource situations, procedures, policies, etc;
- Access to a network of professionals and specialists providing HR information that might otherwise be difficult and/or expensive to obtain;
- Opportunity to develop relationships and contacts in other companies to share information on HR concerns;
- Availability of local professional development opportunities to improve your competence;
- Access to current best practices to make your organization more efficient, increase employee commitment, and help line managers carry out business strategy;
- Availability of up-to-date information on pending legislation that may impact your company’s operations;
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills by taking on a volunteer leadership role in a local chapter; and
- Development of a reputation and credentials in the HR field through your involvement in a local chapter.
If you are interested in joining a professional organization that will keep you current on the ever-changing human resource field, assist you in networking with other area professionals and offer personal growth, then SHRM Jacksonville is your answer. Membership is open to all individuals regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin, whose careers and interests are committed to the Human Resource profession. Our membership year runs from January through December. We welcome you to join our chapter at anytime, but due to the low annual dues, we do not prorate the cost of our membership.
SHRM Jacksonville is a 100% chapter, meaning al members must be a SHRM National member in good standing.
Becoming A Member Of SHRM National and SHRM Jacksonville:
Please designate SHRM Jacksonville Chapter #011 as your chapter when joining SHRM National. Once a National membership number and expiration date are received, the member can then join the local chapter by completing the online application for local membership.
In light of the above information, when joining SHRM National, the national organization does not notify the local chapter. National members must contact the local chapter and apply for membership. Should there be any other questions related to membership, please refer them to the Membership Director, through any of the methods listed on our contact page.
Step three: Attend the "new members" breakfast and meet other active and new chapter members.
SHRM Jacksonville is a 100% chapter. This means that all local members must be a member of the National organization. Currently, the first year dues for a national membership are $180.00. (Dues were recently raised after being constant for 10 years in January 2011). Annual membership dues for SHRM Jacksonville is $50. There is currently a $25.00 application fee for new SHRM Jacksonville applications. All applications for local membership are reviewed by the Membership Directors.
Step one: To apply for membership to the local chapter, individuals who are not a member of SHRM National must first join by applying on-line at http://www.shrm.org.
Step two: Join locally.